Monday, December 29, 2008

Trying Again!!

Oh my! I have been having some major problems trying to post to my blog. But I think I have it this time!

Anyhow, today I decided to look for some recent and not-so-recent pictures of me. Almost a before and after. It literally took me an hour to find the "before" picture posted below. The reason? Well, like many overweight women, I don't like the way I look. Therefore, I am always behind the lens (I am a photographer after all), or i'm being goofy and giving a fake smile to the camera. More often than not, I delete all photos of me. Again...it took me an hour to find one picture of me on our computer. This one must have slipped by my delete-happy finger.

So here it is, an almost full length picture of me, at my heaviest, taken in March of this year. It really brings to perspective just why I chose to change our lives by following the Eat Clean Diet. I have had many ups and downs, but the fact is that I am down 39 pounds since this photo was taken, and 24 pounds down since starting to Eat Clean. I was able to lose 15 pounds somewhere along the line from March to September, by doing bits of cardio here and there at the gym. But the 24 pounds is from September to December is all from eating clean. 15 pounds in 6 months, versus 24 pounds in three months....i'm no mathematician here, but I think eating clean is the way to go!





Here is the picture I took of myself today. It's a raw photo, which is what I wanted. It's me, without makeup, without a fancy hairdo, and just using a small flash. It's as real as I could get it. I'm wearing spandex...yikes, and not much on top. I was going to do a sports bra, but this is as brave as I could get. I couldn't get the same angle, as all my photography equipment was out in the garage, and it's cold out, and I wasn't changing again! HA! So, this was done without a tripod, and the photo above has the better angle...believe it or not. So again, it's a raw photo that I took of me today, and i'm proud that I posted it. It will be great to compare it to my future sexy photos!!




I'm still not liking the way that I look, but I do think that I look better. Most importantly, I feel better. I have an appointment with my doctor at the end of January, and i'm hoping to get more tests done and get off all medication!! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're looking better already Kelly! Keep up the good work.
God bless,
Karen