Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

The much-anticipated day came and went, without any tears from me. HA! I didn't do too badly, but my meal was not totally clean. My mother made it, and isn't exactly against what i'm doing, but she feels that on big occasions we should be allowed what ever we want. Luckily it was being filmed, or else I might have given in to more temptation!! LOL

Here's what my Thanksgiving meal consisted of:

Turkey
1 tablespoon cranberry sauce (jarred, full of sugar)
1 tablespoon of dressing (white bread)
1 tablespoon of garlic mashed potatoes (skim milk, no butter)
4 sweet potato fries (from Tosca's book)
corn
turnip
1 slice of apple pie that my daughter and DH made with whole wheat crust, and filling made with Sucanut (sp?) instead of sugar

AVOIDED: gravy, salt, ice cream, pumpkin pie, bread and butter.

It was amazing to see parts of my plate that are normally covered (read: my plate is usually piled high on Thanksgiving).

No comments: