Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Baby is THREE!!!!

Today we had one of several parties for Nick's birthday. I can't believe that he's THREE! No more babies in the house. Booooo! Ah well, they do have to grow up, don't they?

Craig and I decided that we would have a "Clean" party, meaning that all the foods we were serving were part of our new healthy diet. We had chicken fingers (in rolled oats, flax seed and wheat germ), sweet potato fries, ground turkey baked ziti, and more. I was surprised at how much our guests enjoyed the food. OH!! Craig was sick, and I started to prepare the food on my own...I didn't get very far, and made Hannah get him out of bed. I just got stressed, and I couldn't figure out how to make the hummus in my Magic Bullet! LOL.
Anyhow, Craig powered through his yucky tummy, and we pulled of a lovely "clean" party. We didn't have time to make the clean cupcakes, so we did have a cake purchased at our grocery store. I didn't have any, and Craig stuffed two pieces into his mouth. The cake was meant for 5-6 people, and I bought it that way to serve small than normal portions, keeping with our clean theme.
Nicholas was given two pieces (equalling one piece) and went on a sugar rampage, and passed out at 6 p.m. He had lots of fun.
Nicholas enjoying his trains on his new train table!


Tim, Kathryn and Gerald enjoying some cake....mmmm cake. I DID NOT have any!!

We had another party for Nick's birthday, but a small one for just the grandparents. We had turkey breast, sweet potatos, roast potatos, asparagus, carrots and pumpkin loaf for dessert. Very yummy, and we have lots of left over turkey breast. Oh yes, and we started it off with Roast Vegetable Soup!! The leftovers from that soup are going fast, and, I am addicted to it!!!
With Nick's birthday celebrations over, i'm left with wondering what to do about Halloween. We have a tradition to go Trick or Treating in East York with Hannah's godparents, and their daughter (Hannah's BFF). The kids look forward to it every year, and have been talking about it non-stop for the past couple of weeks. I don't think it would be fair to get rid of all their candy....decisions decisions!






No comments: